Many people enjoy using the services of online classified ad website ForSale.Plus and lots of users in major cities said they have great and satisfactory experience. While many people enjoy their success, some are trying to scam other people. We receive reports from active users that some members, especially the new ones, are trying to execute fraudulent activities using ForSale.Plus services.
Worried that our members could fall into scam traps, we came up with the safest way to protect our users from being scammed or robbed-off. For this, we strongly suggest you to get things done by meeting someone you want to deal with in person and not just doing it all online.
We listed below all major precautionary points that will help you and your business stay safe. This information could also help you identify a threat that might be presented in front of you in no time. To avoid getting scammed, The Number One and Golden Rule to stay safe and avoid being a victim of scammers 99% of the times is to meet the person and deal face-to-face and locally.
- Protect your identity by not sharing your personal and financial information like social security number, bank accounts, PayPal account, and other government-issued ID to other people over the Internet.
- Next thing you should bear in mind is not to pay and exchange funds unless you meet the person. As much as possible, try to fix a meet in a public place where you are surrounded by many people, for instance - a coffee shop.
- Make sure not to pay or exchange any funds or products online unless you meet the person face to face first. This is very important and another thing is that, do not meet someone in private places. Always ask the person to meet you in public places where you are surrounded by many people. One of the most common and safest places to meet with are in coffee shops.
- As much as possible, especially for bigger transactions, do not pay by cash. Carrying cash is dangerous so make sure the person agrees with paying online via PayPal. PayPal is a highly reputable and renowned company, paying for goods via PayPal is as easy as a piece of cake. It is extremely quick and safe. You can securely link your bank account, Debit or Credit cards to your PayPal account for faster payments. Make sure both of you agree with the payment process you want to use before you meet.
- Bare in mind that many other payment processes today are used by scammers. Aside from Western Union (which have been the favorite of scammers around the world), Money Gram, Canada Post, Android Pay, Google Wallet, and Amazon Payments are not a good choice especially if you are not familiar on how these payments work. Do not ever mail any cheque of wire funds to someone's bank account. Do not ever send a product without payment.
- Never ever agree to have yourself background checked unless you meet the person face to face. This could put your identity and financial records in jeopardy.
- If in case, you receive any fraudulent or suspicious emails, phone calls, or advert or any other attempt that could be a potential scam by the members of the community, make sure to inform ForSale.Plus support ASAP. Unfortunately, if you got cheated already, visit the Police Station and file a Police report immediately. Don't forget to contact us to so we can warn legit members like you. Recognizing Scams: When you receive an email, advert, or any suspicious information, you must be aware and contact us immediately. These scam attempts fall on the following type of schemes:
PayPal payments with ForSale.Plus might have eligibility for PayPal Seller Protection. Websites or emails declaring such protection programs about eBay and ForSale.Plus are scams in spite of having the ForSale.Plus logo. Inform us, in case you came across any such emails.
PayPal Seller Protection isn't applicable on the payments which were made through ForSale.Plus. This type of protection programs isn't yet offered by ForSale.Plus. Any sort of websites or emails or adverts that offer or guarantee you such schemes /solutions are certainly a SCAM! Do not believe any such emails or websites or adverts, even if you see the ForSale.Plus logo on them. In case you do receive one such scam attempt, we request you to immediately forward that email or advert directly to us.
- When someone proactively and strongly insists for wire transfer (usually through Western Union, bank deposit, or Money Gram).
- When someone avoids meeting in person and has unreasonable excuses not to meet you.
- Third party providers such as Western Union, Money Gram, PayPal, money order, shipping, or anyone using words like "guarantee" to win your confidence. Scammers pretend to be sending official emails from these companies.
- This is very important! Emails that ask your confirmation regarding change of account or password or email IDs that you haven't requested. These are the common tricks by scammers to infringe your account. Emails sent from an authentic source will redirect you to their official website. Immediately delete the message if you receive a similar email and block the sender.
- Text, email, of phone call received from an unknown source, distant location, or from outside the country.
- Suspicious, random, unspecific or vague enquiry about the product/item with incorrect spelling/grammar.
A Note for the Sellers Though ForSale.Plus is proficiently delivering online classifieds service for thousands of the things but sellers must understand that it ForSale.Plus is not the place to advertise everything.
Sellers must double check the A-Z list of items that are not allowed to get posted on ForSale.Plus. In case, you posted one such advert and paid a fee too for featuring your ad, you certainly wouldn't get a refund when we take down the advert from the website due to quality breach.
We are traying to make ForSale.Plus a best place to advertise but we also need everyone's cooperation for the safety and quality of the classified ad community.